Singapore: Changes to Health Certificate Requirements (2020-03)
Date of issue: 5 February 2020
Date of effect: Immediate
Reference Number: MAA2020-03
- Industries—Industry bodies – Australian Egg Corporation Limited
- Export registered egg processing establishments
- Licensed exporters
- Department of Agriculture—Central and Regional offices
- Relevant State Regulatory Authorities
To notify exporters that health certificates now require additional information when exporting table eggs to Singapore.
Summary of key points
Changes to health Certificate
- The Singapore Food Agency (SFA) now require all table egg Health Certificates to state:
- The SFA approved farm code (e.g. “Farm Code CEWXXX”)
- Whether the product is “free range” or ”non-free range”
- This information must be entered manually by the exporter into the ‘description of goods’ field when requesting an export permit.
- This means the request for an export permit will come to the department for review for authorisation before the export permit and health certificate can be obtained.
- If the additional details are not entered exactly (as above) or if other changes are made to the field, the consignment is at risk of certificate rejection or detainment.
- All egg layer farms (free range and non-free range) are required to be approved by SFA prior to export.
Reminder: All other current requirements for export of eggs to Singapore remain.
- Please refer to MICoR for all requirements at https://micor.agriculture.gov.au/Eggs/Pages/singapore/singapore.aspx.
The information provided in this advice is current at the time of writing and is intended for use as guidance only and should not be taken as definitive or exhaustive. The Commonwealth endeavours to keep information current and accurate, however, it may be subject to change without notice. Exporters are encouraged to verify these details with their importers prior to undertaking production/exports. The Commonwealth will not accept liability for any loss resulting from reliance on information contained in this notice.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries.