2014-22 - Business Systems Program - Plant export operations stakeholder survey update
15 August 2014
Thank you for responding to our stakeholder engagement survey. We appreciate it. With a total of 192 responses, we are eager to get into the detail of what you said and look at ways in which we can better engage and work with you.
With this aim in mind, here is a quick update on what we are doing to address your concerns after a preliminary look at the results:
- In the short term, many of you wish to follow updates to MICoR Plants. You can subscribe to receive updates from the Rich Site Summary (RSS) feed, at the top right of the MICoR Plants home page.
- We have updated our contact page on the website to list our publicly available contacts and to clearly identify who you should contact in different circumstances. This will make it easier to reach the people you need.
- If you receive information as a result of being listed on our stakeholder register that is not applicable to you, you can reply to the email and list any commodity groups that you do not wish to receive updates about. We will update our register accordingly. Please note, you may still receive some information based on the groupings, for example, we use fresh fruit so you may receive information about mangoes even if you export cherries. For specific queries regarding industry advice notices (IANs) please use the contact provided in the notice.
- Over the longer term, we are updating all our instructional material and our exporters guide to provide clearer instructions on who does what, when and how. It will standardise our processes and make our work nationally consistent. This will take between 6 and 12 months.
- We are also going to update our website to include extra functionality into our web pages. Functionality that should allow you to search by user group, country or commodity to find the information you need, faster. This will also take between 6 and 12 months.
We look forward to completing the work outlined above in order to help us work and communicate with you better. We will also go through the results of the survey in more detail and look into other things—like a regular newsletter, or social media and better feedback mechanisms.
Thanks again for your input.
A/g Assistant Secretary
Plant Export Operations