2016-14 - Authorised officer program – Package assisting small exporters
10 March 2016
To advise that funding is now available to assist the horticulture export industry to meet the costs associated with the appointment of officers under the Plant Export Authorised Officer Model (AO Model).
To support horticulture exporters, in particular small exporters, the Minister for Agriculture and Water Resources has approved a project through the Package assisting small exporters (PASE) to bolster the number of external Plant Export Authorised Officers (AOs) by more than a third.
The proposal will take affect from 1 December 2015. The funding will cover the delivery of the initial AO training and assessment of AO candidates and the subsequent appointment of successful candidates, and is limited to 400 AOs for a period ending on 30 June 2017.
The cost will be shared between industry and the department as follows:
|Training & assessment fee||$1750||Department|
|Additional training & Assessment fee (if required)||$2000||Industry|
Further information on the above fees and charges can be found on the department's website.
Any new or existing AOs requesting horticulture exports job functions may be eligible for the funding and those eligible will be informed individually once their application is received.
Horticulture exports job functions are as follows:
- Export inspection of fruit and vegetables
- Export inspection of nursery stock, flowers and foliage
- Export inspection horticulture protocol markets
- Export phytosanitary treatments - In-transit cold treatment
Those AOs who applied for horticulture exports job functions post 1 December 2015 and have already paid for their training and assessment fee, will have refunds processed.
Summary of key points
- The department will be providing funding to assist horticulture exporters, in particular small exporters, to take up the AO Model.
- The funding will cover the initial training and assessment and appointment of up to 400 AO candidates up until 30 June 2017.
- Existing and new AOs may be eligible for the funding and will be notified once applications are received.
- Some charges, as shown in the above table, will still apply to AOs.
If you have any questions regarding this IAN please email: Plant Export Training.
For information on authorised officers.
For information on the PASE programme.
Dr Chris Parker
Plant Export Operations Branch