2017-41 - Business Systems Program – Annual Establishment Registration Process for the 2017-18 Financial Year
30 October 2017
The purpose of this Industry Advice Notice (IAN) is to advise plant export registered establishment occupiers of the annual establishment registration process for the 2017-18 financial year.
Summary of changes and key points
- The annual plant export establishment registration process for 2017-18 will commence shortly.
- Establishment occupiers will be sent a letter requesting they nominate their intended registration category for 2017-18, as Complex, Simple or Small Horticultural Products Registered Establishment (SHPRE).
- If establishment occupiers do not wish to receive a 2017-18 invoice they must de-register their establishment with nil export activity for the 2017-18 year to date.
- The department will be checking export activity at establishments to ensure that activity matches the registration type.
- If export activity occurs at a higher level than the nominated category, a replacement invoice will be issued at the relevant higher rate.
The department is commencing the annual establishment registration process for the 2017-18 financial year.
Existing establishment occupiers will shortly receive a letter requesting registration as a Complex, Simple or SHPRE. An overview of the annual charge for Plant Export Registered establishments is available under the ‘Annual charge for registered establishments’ section of the department’s charging guidelines, which are available at: Charging Guidelines.
Responses from establishment occupiers will be due four weeks from issuance of the letter. Failure to respond within the timeframe may result in suspension of registration.
Throughout 2017-18, the department will be checking export activity at establishments to ensure that activity matches the registration type. Establishments will be invoiced at the relevant higher rate where a misalignment is identified. For example, from a ‘simple’ to a ‘complex’ establishment.
Establishment occupiers’ responsibilities
Establishment occupiers must:
- Respond to the registration nomination letter within four weeks of issuance, failure to respond within this timeframe may result in suspension of registration.
- De-register their establishment, with nil export activity for the 2017-18 year to date, if they do not wish to receive a 2017-18 invoice.
If you have any questions regarding this IAN please email: Plant Export Registered Establishments.
Mr David Ironside
Plant Export Operations Branch