2019-21 - Horticulture Exports Program - Changes to the appearance of Australia’s official marks
31 May 2019
This Industry Advice Notice (IAN) is to notify clients of changes to the appearance of official marks—bolt seals used to secure containers for Japan.
Summary of key points
- Bolt seals used to secure containers for Japan will change in appearance. Please see Figure 1: Appearance of the new seal.
- The letter ‘A’ will no longer be printed at the start of each unique seal number on bolt seals.
- These changes will come into effect on 1 August 2019.
- Clients must cease using the existing bolt seals on 31 July 2019.
- The department will notify all trading partners of the upcoming changes, to facilitate a smooth transition and prevent any disruptions to trade.
- Further information regarding when to order the new seals, and the correct destruction procedures for current seals, will be provided shortly.
- Work plans will be updated to reflect this change.
- Export registered establishments are advised to keep adequate stocks of the current seals for use until 31 July 2019.
- Export registered establishments that require the current container seals for secure containers for Japan must order the seals via email, through the department’s North East Export Meat Staff Resources Unit in Brisbane.
- Japan protocols require that all sea containers must be secured with Australia’s official marks—bolt seal.
- Currently, the unique seal number printed upon each bolt seal and tamper-indicative seal includes the letter ‘A’ at the start of each number; however, the ‘A’ is not reflected on the Phytosanitary Certificate. The ‘A’ will not be printed on the new seals, aligning the physical seal number with the seal number printed on the Phytosanitary Certificate.
If you have any questions regarding the seal order form, email the North East Export Meat Staff Resources Unit or call (07) 3637 7737.
If you have any questions regarding this IAN please email the Horticulture Exports Program.
A/g Assistant Secretary
Plant Export Operations Branch