2021-13 - Congestion Busting Program – Plant Exports Management System updates
15 April 2021
This Industry Advice Notice (IAN) is to notify stakeholders of updates to the Plant Exports Management System (PEMS) to rectify bugs that arose because of the 28 March 2021 release.
Summary of changes and key points
- Following the PEMS release on 28 March 2021, some bugs were identified.
- On 17 April 2021, the following bugs will be rectified
- the signature field will be removed from inspection records, as a signature is not required for PEMS records
- AO instruments of appointment will be generated from the AO’s profile
- the AO Name and Number will sit below the inspection results, at the bottom of the record
- for bulk vessel inspections completed prior to 28 March 2021, PEMS will permit the creation of bulk into ship hold inspection records for that vessel IMO
- bulk vessel inspections with a combination of passed and failed results for the holds will be able to be submitted
- the flow path comments field will no longer overlap with other columns in the bulk into ship hold inspection record
- decimal points will no longer cause issues in Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Mozilla Firefox browsers.
- The next PEMS release is scheduled for the end of May 2021.
PEMS is an IT system that is used to capture and store information relating to the export of plants and plant products from Australia, including plant product export inspection, calibration results and transport units.
On 28 March 2021, PEMS was updated to align with the new Export Control Act 2020 and subordinate legislation, as notified in IAN 2021-12.
Further information about PEMS is available on the Plant Export Management System webpage.
Industry and AO responsibilities
All users of PEMS should clear their cache after each release to ensure they are using the latest version of PEMS, this will ensure that fewer issues are encountered.
All users of PEMS should familiarise themselves with what has changed and follow the updated inspection instructional material and PEMS user guides.
If you have any questions regarding this IAN please email PEMS Administrator.
For more information about PEMS system integration, please contact the PEMS Technical Support team.
Plant Export Operations Branch