Indonesian live male cattle quota
The Indonesia-Australia Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (IA-CEPA) will come into force on 5 July 2020. The agreement will put in place reduced tariffs for exports of live male cattle.
We manage this quota on a first-come, first-served basis.
The quota year runs in line with the calendar year.
- 1 January—New quota year commences
- 31 December—Quota year ends
How to apply
Exporters will need to apply to export live male cattle to Indonesia at the reduced tariff rate.
You can apply for a quota certificate from 5 July 2020.
To apply for a quota certificate you must:
- have prepared your consignment and received a health certificate from the department.
- complete and submit the IA-CEPA live cattle TRQ certificate application (available from 5 July).
Once we have approved the application, we will email you the quota certificate.
Changing or cancelling your certificate
Contact Quota Admin if your quota certificate needs to be:
- changed (you will need to submit a new application form if there is a change to the exporter, importer, product type or quantity of product)
Read the detail
See Appendix 2-A.1: Tariff rate quotas of the IA-CEPA for:
- a list of eligible products
- the quantity for each year of the quota
- the in-quota tariff rate.
The Export Control (Tariff Rate Quotas) Order 2019 governs the rules around the quota for live cattle to Indonesia.
Read about IA-CEPA’s broader outcomes.
We report on export quotas using data submitted for certificate applications.
- Phone 02 6272 4068
- Email Quota Admin