Application for permit: External territories

​​​​​Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment, October 2021

This application for permit is to be completed by the person who intends to import goods to Christmas Island, Cocos (Keeling) Islands (or Norfolk Island from 1 July 2016).

If you would like to import goods not covered in the Goods Determination, you must apply for an import permit. The permit must be granted before your goods leave the Australian mainland.

To apply for an import permit, you can access the department’s Biosecurity Import Conditions system (BICON).

Refer to BICON help and the BICON help card if you are experiencing difficulty with registration and application.

Manual permit application forms are available until 1 December 2021. After this, permit applications will only be accepted through the BICON system.

Please contact Plant Import Operations (PIO) for further information on


Document Pages File size
Application for permit: External Territories PDF 7 272 KB
Application for permit: External Territories DOCX 7 85 KB

If you have difficulty accessing these files, visit web accessibility for assistance.

Last reviewed: 15 October 2021
Thanks for your feedback.
Thanks! Your feedback has been submitted.

We aren't able to respond to your individual comments or questions.
To contact us directly phone us or submit an online inquiry

This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.

Please verify that you are not a robot.