18-2017 - Update to Disinfectant Lists for Approved Arrangements (AA)
27 February 2017
Who does this notice affect?
This notice is for AAs and Transitional Approved Arrangements (TAAs) that include:
- classes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and/or
- collection and transport of waste.
What has changed?
- Biosecurity Industry Participants (BIPs) with an Approved Arrangement that contains a Class 5 animal containment approval and/or AA Class 7 can choose from the hand disinfectant listing, or any other hand disinfectant that will manage the biosecurity risk. (Refer to Notes under Broad Spectrum Hand Disinfectants for Approved Arrangements.
- Two new disinfectants have been added to the department’s Broad Spectrum Disinfectants for Approved Arrangements list and the dilution rates for three disinfectants has been amended.
- Aidal (Class 5 microbiological and animal facilities only)
- Sodium hypochlorite (classes 1,2,3,4,& 8) and collection and transport of waste AAs)
Changed dilution rates for the use of:
- sodium hypochlorite
The new Broad Spectrum Disinfectants for Approved Arrangements list is available on the department’s website.
If you require further information please contact Approved Arrangements.