152-2019 - Brown Marmorated Stink Bug Information Sessions Being Held In Turkey
23 September 2019
Who does this notice affect?
Stakeholders in the import and shipping industries—including Master Consolidators, vessel masters, freight forwarders, treatment providers, Biosecurity Industry Participants, importers, customs brokers and principal agents — associated with shipping or importing goods that require increased intervention during the 2019-20 Brown Marmorated Stink Bug (BMSB) risk season.
What has changed?
Representatives from the Department will be traveling to Turkey during October to conduct BMSB information sessions in Istanbul and Izmir.
An invitation has been sent out to all Turkish treatment providers who have engaged with the department to become an approved offshore BMSB treatment provider, as well as treatment providers in neighbouring countries, including Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Georgia, Hungary, Kosovo, Montenegro, Serbia and Slovakia.
The topics which will be discussed include:
- The department’s BMSB seasonal measures for 2019/20
- Alignment of BMSB seasonal measures and treatment rates between Australia and New Zealand for 2019/20 BMSB season
- The Offshore BMSB Treatment Providers Scheme and 2019/20 registration requirements
- The BMSB treatment options and the treatment methodologies – methyl bromide and sulfuryl fluoride fumigation and heat treatment
- The mandatory compliance requirements for each treatment type
- The department’s treatment provider compliance verification activities
We encourage Australian import industry participants with contacts in these regions to advise them of these meetings and encourage their attendance.
Please note, all attendees must pre-register. Details and a link to register are included in the table below.
Information Sessions Details
|Istanbul, Turkey||Location: InterContinental Istanbul|
Asker Ocagi Cad. No.1, 34435 Taksim, Istanbul, TURKEY
Date: Monday, 07 October 2019
Time: 09:00am till 14:00pm
Registration required by: Monday, 30 September 2019
Register for the Istanbul Session
|Izmir, Turkey||Location: Renaissance Izmir Hotel|
Akdeniz Mah. Gaziosmanpaşa Blv. No 16, Alsancak, 35210 Izmir, TURKEY
Date: Thursday, 10 October 2019
Time: 13:30pm till 17:30pm
Registration required by: Thursday, 03 October 2019
Register for the Izmir Session
For further information regarding BMSB information session please email email@example.com.