Lodging import documents
COLS cannot process all items for import.
You can submit some items to the import assessment team with the item’s description in the subject line. The items are:
- military consignments
- personal effects
- ship stores
- transshipment requests
- overtime bookings
- payments (subject to the above commodities).
- perishable or urgent goods – for goods of live animals, airfreight perishables, non-refrigerated perishables, urgent medical supplies and fumigation reports
- movement advice for animal transport equipment.
Lot codes must be included in your initial lodgment, using the "Additional Comments" field in COLS
You can email the IFIS Inspection Support to:
- request a post-inspection lot code, if requested
- submit failed food notices for further action by the department.
You can find out about document requirements for food imports on lodging food import declarations and documentation web page.