National arrangements for plant health
The Department of Agriculture and Water Resources works with its stakeholders to maintain and improve plant health in Australia. Australia has well established government–industry arrangements to support the national plant health system.
- National Biosecurity Committee (NBC)
- Plant Health Committee (PHC)
- Subcommittee on Domestic Quarantine and Market Access (SDQMA)
- Subcommittee on Plant Health Diagnostics (SPHD)
- Subcommittee on National Plant Health Surveillance (SNPHS)
Emergency response arrangements
Should an incursion of an exotic plant pest occur in Australia, we have well established response arrangements in place.
- Emergency Plant Pest Response Deed (EPPRD)
- Consultative Committee on Emergency Plant Pests (CCEPP)
- National Management Group—see communiqués from recent meetings
- National Environmental Biosecurity Response Agreement (NEBRA)
- National Biosecurity Management Group (NBMG)—see Schedule 7 of the NEBRA
- National Biosecurity Management Consultative Committee (NBMCC)—see Schedule 8 of the NEBRA
See National pests and disease outbreak for information on national pest, disease and weed incursions.