Find out who can help and how
Information about the south-eastern floods and assistance can be found at the National Emergency Management Authority (NEMA) website
If you’re a farmer impacted by flooding, you may be eligible for community-wide flood assistance programs such as:
- Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payment and/or Disaster Recovery Allowance
- Disaster recovery services in your local area
- Mental health support face-to-face, online or via phone services
- Call 000 if you or someone you know is in an emergency or in immediate risk of harm
- Call Lifeline on 13 11 14 for crisis support
- Visit Head to Health for free or low-cost phone and online mental health services and support
- Find your local Primary Health Network.
There are also ongoing Australian Government services and measures for farmers experiencing hard times:
- Rural Financial Counselling Service for information from qualified professionals on the full range of government assistance programs. Call 1300 771 741.
- Farm Household Allowance for farming families in financial hardship. To apply, call the Farmer Assistance Hotline on 132 316.
- Farm Management Deposits for primary producers to make tax deductable deposits during years of good cash flow and withdraw them during bad years.