Unclear or excessively large requests
The department may refuse to process requests that are
- would involve a substantial and unreasonable diversion of resources to process (eg too broad in scope or involve too many documents).
This is more likely to happen if your request is in general terms about a topic on which significant work has been undertaken.
This may be less likely to happen if you
- are specific about the type of document or information you seek, and
- provide a time frame of the document.
Specifying more exclusions from the scope of your request may speed up your request and may reduce processing charges.
Specify a date range if you seek documents over a period of time
Note: The end date can be no later than the date this application is received by the department.
Material ordinarily considered out of scope
Unless you specifically request them, we understand that your request does not include the following types of information:
- Identifying information about individuals and businesses that helps to avoid third-party consultation (e.g. names, direct contact numbers including mobiles, email addresses and personal addresses).
- Duplicates of documents
- Draft documents
- Entire documents that are publicly available
- Names, signatures and contact information (not including SES level or equivalent staff within the department).
* SES means departmental officers in the Senior Executive Service at the level of branch head and above.
By completing and submitting this form you consent to the department’s collection of your personal information and use of it to administer your FOI request and related purposes. You are not required to provide your name or contact details beyond those required for us to send you notices and documents. However, this information may assist us to deal with your request more effectively. In you want to receive your personal information requests, we need to confirm that the information we release is to you or someone you have authorised to receive it.
This website is hosted on a public ASD certified cloud service by GovCMS through a contract arrangement with the Department of Finance. Information submitted through this web form may be stored on GovCMS for a short period.