On 1 July 2022, we became the Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry.
The Department of Climate Change, Energy, the Environment and Water is now responsible for some of our previous functions.
Transitional arrangements are in place. We will continue to manage current and past FOI requests relating to environment and water portfolios on behalf of the new department.
Our Agency plan sets out how we will make information available under the Information Publication Scheme (IPS). The IPS is established under the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (FOI Act).
We must prepare a plan showing:
- what information we will publish
- how and who will publish this information
- how we will comply with the IPS
Information we must publish
Subsection 8(2) of the FOI Act sets out what we must publish on our website.
We will publish or link to information under these headings:
- Agency plan (s 8(2)(a))
- who we are (ss 8(2)(b) and 8(2)(d))
- what we do (ss 8(2)(c) and 8(2)(j))
- documents tabled in Parliament (ss 8(2)(e) and 8(2)(h))
- disclosure log (ss 8(2)(g) and 11C)
- public consultations (s 8(2)(f))
- how to contact us
This information will include:
- this Plan
- our organisational structure
- our functions, including our decision-making powers and other powers affecting the public
- appointments of officers of the department made under Acts (other than APS employees)
- our Annual Report
- how members of the public can comment on our policy proposals
- information in documents that we routinely are requested to gives access to, except if it contains:
- personal information
- information about the business, commercial, financial or professional affairs of any person
- other information determined by the Information Commissioner to be unreasonable to publish
- information routinely provided to the Parliament in response to requests and orders
- contact details of an officer who can be contacted about access to information and documents held by the Department
- our operational information
Other information we will publish
We will also publish other information that is not exempt under the FOI Act when appropriate to do so.
We will publish information relating to our priorities, finances and lists. This information will be linked in our IPS page.
Accessing the information
This information will be available on our website. We will:
- make it downloadable (where practicable to do so)
- link to another website if it’s available there
- include details of who to contact to access this information if it’s not published
We may provide this information to particular classes of persons or entities if we consider it appropriate to do so.