The Department of Agriculture has a wide-reaching impact and our decisions balance a range of commercial and community interests.
Sharing information and seeking feedback from our clients, stakeholders and the community helps us to develop and manage our policies, programmes and regulations, and to provide our services.
We undertake public consultations so you can:
- see where your work intersects with ours
- understand its impact on you
- collaborate and work in partnership with us.
We are committed to consulting in a genuine and timely way with affected businesses, community organisations and individuals. A genuine consultation process ensures that we can consider the real-world impact of our options and ensure that every practical and viable policy alternative is been considered in our decision-making.
Consultation is also particularly important in helping us to quantify the regulatory burden of proposed regulatory measures as part of the government’s regulatory reform agenda.
Review of import conditions for apiaceous crop seeds for sowing into Australia - (closed 13 November 2017)
- Draft pest risk analysis for brown marmorated stink bug (Halyomorpha halys) - (closed 27 October 2017)
- Public consultation on Australia’s agricultural export legislation- (closed 24 October 2017)
- Public consultation on the draft report for the extension of nectarine import risk analysis to peaches, plums and apricots from China – (closed 30 August 2017)
- Public consultation for Inorganic Fertiliser policy - (closed 18 August 2017)
- Public consultation on levy process reform - closed early July to mid-August 2017
- Public consultation on the review of biosecurity import requirements for Tahitian limes from the Cook Islands, Niue, Samoa, Tonga and Vanuatu - (closed 7 August 2017)
- Public consultation on high pressure processing of chicken meat - (closed 1 August 2017)
- Public consultation on proposed changes to the inspection and analysis of imported foods - (closed 31 July 2017)
- Agricultural and Veterinary Chemicals Legislation Amendment (Operational Efficiency) Bill 2017 (closed 19 July 2017)
- Public consultation on the Regulation Impact Statement: Export tariff rate quota regulatory streamlining - (closed 10 July 2017)
Public consultation on the Biosecurity (Ballast Water and Sediment) Determination 2017 exposure draft (closed 14 June 2017)
- Public consultation on the draft Commonwealth Fisheries Harvest Strategy Policy - (closed 9 June 2017)
- Review of import conditions for used machinery (closed 31 January 2017)
- Proposals for changes to imported food regulations (closed 24 February 2017)
- Draft report for importation of strawberries from Korea (closed 25 October 2016)
- Review of the Australian Pest Animal Strategy and the Australian Weeds Strategy (closed 14 October 2016)
- Working holiday maker visa review (closed 2 September 2016)
Horse Disease Response Levy review (closed 29 August 2016)
- Intergovernmental Agreement of Biosecurity review (closed 8 July 2016)
- Draft Biosecurity Act 2015 regulations, declarations and determinations out for comment (closed 24 March 2016)
- Importation of honey bee semen—draft policy review (closed 1 December 2015)
- Biosecurity Act 2015—Draft Biosecurity (Biosecurity Import Risk Analyses) Regulation 2015 (closed 30 November 2015)
- Draft Agricultural and Veterinary Chemicals Legislation Amendment (Simplified Formulation Variations and Other Measures) Regulation 2015 (closed 23 October 2015)
- Agricultural Export Regulation Review discussion paper (closed 21 September 2015)
- Managing established pests and diseases of national significance in a new way (closed August 2015)
- Meeting future market demand: Australia's forest products and forest industry—A strategic directions issues paper (closed 5 June 2015)