Portfolio boards include committees, panels councils and other bodies. We maintain a list of people to who have expressed an interest in being a part-time portfolio board member. This list is the Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry Portfolio Boards Register (PBR).
The PBR allows people with diverse skills and backgrounds to:
- be informed of board member opportunities that are to be advertised
- be considered for board and committee positions that relate to their interests, experience and skills.
All Australians are eligible to join the register.
However, joining the register does not guarantee appointment to a board.
When you join, you can select the areas where you have an interest, experience and skills. We will consider this when searching for suitable candidates for possible appointment to a particular board.
The Australian Government is committed to diversity and inclusion on government boards.
We want diversity on our portfolio boards. Diversity helps assure more meaningful decisions for our communities.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, women, people with multicultural and non-English speaking backgrounds, young people and people with a disability to join the register.
The roles of part-time board members varies. Each member brings a unique set of skills, qualities and experience to support a particular board’s work.
The work of the board can include:
- Setting the entity’s strategic direction
- Overseeing performance targets, risk and compliance activities
- Managing budget appropriations
- Managing stakeholder relationships
- Representing the views and work of the organisation to ministers, parliament stakeholders and the public
- Ensuring corporate compliance and management accountability
- Endorsing strategic plans
- Coordinating policies, plans or projects within or across portfolios
- Advising and making recommendations on policies, plans and practices.
Join the PBR
You can now register your interest in serving on an Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry portfolio board. You will need to fill in a registration form and provide your current CV in Word format.
After you register, we will email you each time a portfolio board position is advertised. You can then consider whether you want to apply.
We may also shortlist and contact you about a particular board vacancy in your area of interest or expertise.
The PBR is not a public register. Your personal information will be used and stored in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.