The program has been extended. More growers will get help to buy and install protective netting. This will help them and their communities as they recover from drought and the pandemic. The expansion of the program aims to:
- help growers Australia wide
- build growers’ ability to handle climate change
- grow more high-quality crops
- support the agricultural industry reach its Ag2030 target.
The program is now available nationally with an extra $35 million investment.
Research shows protective netting helps growers produce better crops, in higher numbers. The nets can also reduce water usage by up to 30%.
Horticulture is important for rural and regional economies. It’s also vital for our national food security.
Horticulture is forecast to be 17% of farm production value in 2021 to 2022. This plays an important role in reaching the Ag2030 target. We are working with the agricultural industry to grow to a value of $100 billion by 2030.
You will be able to apply for grants from your state or territory government. The program will operate until 30 June 2024, or until all the funds are committed.
Find out more:
- New South Wales Horticultural Netting Program
- Northern Territory Horticultural Netting Program
- Queensland Horticultural Netting Program
- South Australian Horticultural Netting Program
- Tasmanian Horticultural Netting Program
- Victorian Horticultural Netting Program
- Western Australia Horticultural Netting Program