Date of issue: 25 May 2022
Date of effect: Immediate
Reference Number: MAA2022-17
- Industries—Industry bodies – Dairy Australia – Infant Nutrition Council, Dairy Export Industry Consultative Committee, Australian Food and Grocery Council
- Export establishments for the following commodities: Dairy
- Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment — Central and Regional offices
This Market Access Advice provides an update to information on Egypt’s new process for halal certification. Egypt has extended the date of free certification with IS EG halal for milk and milk products exported from Australia until 1 October 2022.
- From 1 October 2022, IS EG Halal will commence charging for certification for milk and milk exports to Egypt.
- Exporters should liaise with their importer to register with IS EG Halal well before the new deadline.
- Refer MAA 2022-04 for further details about IS EG Halal certification requirements.
- The department encourages exporters visit the Manual of Importing Country Requirements (Micor) for Egypt for further detail on export requirements for Egypt.
Contact ExportStandards@agriculture.gov.au if you have any queries.