22 November 2021
This Industry Advice Notice (IAN) is to notify stakeholders of updates to the Plant Exports Management System (PEMS) that will allow external executive users to submit Service Requests for authorisation and issuing of some certificates directly through PEMS.
- PEMS now features a new enhancement called the ‘communications workflow’, which allows AOs, exporters, EDI users and establishment executives to submit service requests for request for permit (RFP) authorisation and to issue the following certificates
- in-transit cold treatment (ITCT) certificates
- declaration and certificate as to condition (EX188).
- All other certificates must be requested via the current email process.
- The communications workflow will also automatically notify users when
- authorisations have been granted
- certificates are available in PEMS
- resubmission is required.
- The communication workflow will work in conjunction with another new feature using robotic process automation technology. This enhancement will revolutionise the way we assess plant RFPs, by using automation to cross check data fields between EXDOC and PEMS.
- This enhancement will allow department staff to focus on more complex application requirements. This will initially be piloted for Grain RFPs, with the intention to apply it all RFPs in early 2022.
- To access this enhancement, you must register as a PEMS user. Information about how to register and the benefits of PEMS is detailed in IAN 2020-78 and 2020-72.
PEMS is an IT system that is used to capture and store information relating to the export of plants and plant products from Australia, including plant product export inspection, calibration results and transport units.
As part of our commitment to continually improving our services to industry, PEMS is regularly updated.
Further information about PEMS is available on the Plant Export Management System webpage.
If you have any questions regarding this IAN please email PEMS Administrator.
For more information about PEMS system integration, please contact the PEMS Technical Support team.
Acting Assistant Secretary
Plant Export Operations Branch