24 May 2022
This Industry Advice Notice (IAN) is to advise all clients requesting plant export inspections in Western Australia (WA) of a change to the email address. This change does not apply to overtime requests for document assessment.
Summary of changes and key points
- Biosecurity Operations Division within the Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment is implementing a new system, the Scheduling and Workload Management System (SWMS). The system will manage requests for export inspections, scheduling of these requests and management of the associated booking.
- From Monday 23 May 2022, we ask that you direct your request for inspection forms for Western Australia to the new email address exportsRFI@agriculture.gov.au.
- A series of Frequently Asked Questions has been developed to help support you through this transition.
- The introduction of SWMS includes email notifications you will receive in the following instances
- Email receipt
- Further information request
- RFP number notification
- Inspection scheduled notification
- Booking change / Amendment confirmation
- Overtime inspection scheduled
- ‘On our way’ – officer travelling to the designated location
- Booking reminder notification.
- Industry members can assist in avoiding delays in obtaining a confirmed inspection booking by ensuring
- booking requests are lodged in advance of the required inspection date
- the request for inspection is lodged completely and accurately with all required information provided
- the goods are ready for inspection and are not pending document assessment or treatment
- To support your lodgement of request for inspection, please use the following words, as applicable, in the subject heading of your email title
Please continue to direct your enquiries to Client Contact Group on 1800 900 090.
Pathway Operations Cargo NSW/QLD/NT/ACT