The Indonesia-Australia Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (IA-CEPA) entered into force on 5 July 2020. The agreement put in place reduced tariffs for exports of citrus fruit. Quota is available on a first-come, first-served (FCFS) basis until the access amount is exhausted.
Quotas under the IA-CEPA cover:
- lemons and limes
- mandarins, clementines, Wilkings and similar citrus hybrids
The amount of quota available for the 2022 IA-CEPA quota year is as below:
- lemons and limes - 5,253 tonnes
- mandarins, clementines, Wilkings and similar citrus hybrids - 7,500 tonnes
- oranges - 11,025 tonnes
Key dates to remember
- 1 January—New quota year commences
- 31 December—Quota year ends
Current quota usage
The quota usage tables show the total quantity of quota shipped by Australia for IA-CEPA products. The tables are updated regularly.
Apply for an IA-CEPA quota certificate for citrus
Exporters will need to apply to export citrus to Indonesia at the reduced tariff rate.
To apply for a quota certificate an exporter must:
- lodge a request for permit (RFP) through the department’s electronic documentation system, EXDOC.
- complete and submit the IA-CEPA horticulture TRQ certificate application using the online submit button on the last page of the form.
Once we have approved the application, we will email the quota certificate to the email address provided on the completed TRQ certificate application. IA-CEPA quota certificates cannot be amended so if there is a change to the exporter, importer, product type or quantity of the shipment after the certificate has been issued the existing certificate may need to be cancelled and a replacement certificate issued. Contact Quota Admin if there is a change to any details on the certificate.
Note: Quota administration is cost recovered on a per certificate basis in accordance with the Export Charges (Imposition-General) Regulation 2021 and the Export Control (Fees and Payments) Rules 2021. Exporters are invoiced monthly for any quota certificates issued. The current cost recovered amount is $81 per certificate issued.
Read the detail
See Appendix 2-A.1: Tariff rate quotas of the IA-CEPA for:
- a list of eligible products
- the quantity for each quota year
- the in-quota tariff rate
The Export Control (Tariff Rate Quotas-General) Rules 2021 governs the rules around quotas for citrus to Indonesia.
We report on export quotas using data submitted for certificate applications.
Phone: 02 6272 4068