The Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment Export Documentation System (EXDOC) is used to generate export documents.
This may include:
- export permits
- certificates and related documents as required by importing countries.
The EXDOC system is used for export prescribed primary produce from Australia.
Commodities included in EXDOC are:
- inedible meat products
- skins and hides
Registering in EXDOC
You can apply for different levels of access to EXDOC, depending on how much of the export documentation process you want to complete yourself.
Register as an:
- Exporter — your name and address will be included as the exporter/owner on any documents generated for you.
- EDI user — to generate requests for export permits, certificates and related documents.
- Exporter and EDI user — your name and address will be registered in the EXDOC system as an exporter and you will be able to request export permits, certificates and related documents.
Linking EXDOC and Integrated Cargo System
Users of both EXDOC and the Department of Immigration and Border Protection’s Integrated Cargo System (ICS) can link the two systems by requesting access to Single Electronic Window (SEW).
Buying EXDOC software
If you want to register in EXDOC as an EDI user, you will need to buy a software package to communicate with EXDOC from an accredited EXDOC software supplier. This must be done before you submit your application form.
After you purchase the software, we will:
- issue your unique EDI user number
- direct you to the correct area for EDI knowledge testing.
Suppliers of EXDOC software are required to keep their software package up to date.
Access the latest:
EXDOC users should contact your software supplier for details on:
- delivery of software updates
- and any associated fees applicable for completing updates.
Costs of using EXDOC
There are two sets of costs associated with using EXDOC.
- Fees and charges for requesting export permits and related documentation are administered by the Department. Check our charging guidelines for costs associated with export documentation.
- Cost of purchasing EXDOC software will vary depending on the software supplier. Contact EXDOC software suppliers for prices.
Contact EXDOC help desk
The EXDOC help desk provides support to clients using the EXDOC system for the creation and processing of Requests for Permit (RFPs).
- In-office support is available Monday to Friday between the hours of 8.00am to 6.00pm (Eastern Standard Time).
- On-call officer support is provided outside these hours for product leaving before next business day.
Contact numbers for the helpdesk are:
- Dairy, fish, grain, horticulture and eggs RFP support:
(02) 6272 4700
- Meat, inedible meat products, wool, skins and hides RFP support:
(02) 6272 4800
Written requests for assistance can be:
- faxed to: (02) 6272 5773
- emailed to: EXDOC.Helpdesk@agriculture.gov.au.