5 August 2021
Who does this notice affect?
Stakeholders in the import and shipping industries—including treatment providers, vessel masters, freight forwarders, biosecurity industry participants, importers, customs brokers, principal shipping agents, and any other operators in the sea container supply and logistics chain.
What has changed?
The Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment will be running several information sessions for both the 2021-22 brown marmorated stink bug (BMSB) risk season, and the mandatory treatment requirements under Australia's urgent actions to protect against khapra beetle.
These sessions will also provide an opportunity for treatment providers to ask questions and seek technical advice from us.
These information sessions will cover:
- Changes to the offshore BMSB treatment providers scheme
- 2021-22 seasonal measures for BMSB.
The information sessions will be held:
- Europe session: 17:00 – 18:30 (AEST), Wednesday 11 August 2021
- North American session: 06:00 – 07:30 (AEST), Thursday 12 August 2021
This information session will cover:
- Khapra beetle treatment measures for sea containers introduced on 12 April and 12 July under Phase 6A of the urgent actions
- A summary of common non-compliance issues identified since implementation
- How our existing offshore treatment assurance schemes (the Australian Fumigation Accreditation Scheme and the Offshore Brown Marmorated Stinkbug Treatment Providers Scheme) are used
- How the requirements of our treatment methodologies apply to the treatment of sea containers.
The information session will be held:
- 15:00 – 17:00 (AEST), Monday 16 August 2021
Please note: details for a separate industry information session for Phase 3 of the urgent actions will be announced shortly.
If you wish to attend one or more of the sessions but do not find the times suitable, please email email@example.com to register your interest in future sessions.
For more information visit:
BMSB treatment enquiries can be directed to BMSBtreatments@awe.gov.au
Khapra beetle treatment enquiries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
All other khapra beetle enquiries can be directed to 1800 900 090 or via email at email@example.com (please title the subject line of the email with ‘Plant Tier 2 – Khapra urgent actions’).