18 October 2021
Who does this notice affect?
This notice affects all clients requesting inspections for Cairns, Northern Territory and South Australia.
This change does not apply to overtime requests for document assessment.
What has changed?
Biosecurity Operations within the Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment is implementing a new system, the Scheduling and Workload Management System (SWMS) which will manage request for inspections; the scheduling of these request and management of the associated booking.
From October 25, 2021, we ask that you direct your Requests for Inspection form for these locations to this new email address ImportsRFI@agriculture.gov.au.
A series of Frequently Asked Questions has been developed to help support you through this transition.
The introduction of SWMS includes email notifications that you will receive in the following instances, most of which you receive from our current system:
- Email receipt
- Further information request
- RFP number notification
- Inspection scheduled notification
- Booking change / Amendment confirmation
- Overtime inspection scheduled
- ‘On our way’ – officer travelling to the designated location
- Booking reminder notification
Industry members can assist in avoiding delays in obtaining a confirmed inspection booking by ensuring:
- Booking requests are lodged in advance of the required inspection date.
- The request for inspection is lodged completely and accurately with all required information provided.
- The goods are ready for inspection and are not pending document assessment or treatment.
- To support your lodgement of request for inspection, please ensure you use the following words (if applicable) in the subject heading of your email title.
- AIMS entry
- AWB, Air Waybill
Please continue to direct your enquiries to the departments Client Contact Group on 1800 900 090.