This webpage details the requirements for other-risk plant products under Phase 4 of the khapra beetle urgent actions.
As of 28 April 2022, import conditions for a wide range of other-risk plant products exported from all countries have changed. For the full list of import conditions refer to BICON
Other-risk plant products include seeds, nuts, green coffee beans, dried fruit, vegetables, herbs and spices. See the complete List of other-risk goods (including mode of arrival and end use) for host of Khapra beetle.
All other-risk plant products exported on or after 28 April 2022 must be:
- inspected offshore by government official of exporting country; AND
- certified as being free from any listed species of Trogoderma (whether live, dead or exuviae) in Australia’s list of Trogoderma species of biosecurity concern.
The requirements exclude goods that are imported for research purposes (less than $1000).
- Failure to comply with the above requirements may result in the export of the goods and the container on-arrival in Australia.
- If other-risk plant products are packed into a container with high-risk plant products in a khapra beetle target risk country, all goods may be treated and certified using an approved option for high-risk plant products. For more information on treatment and certification requirements, see the Phase 3 webpage.
- Sea container requirements to protect against khapra beetle may apply. Refer to the sea container webpage for more detail.
Phytosanitary certification requirements
As outlined above, all other-risk plant products exported on or after 28 April 2022 are required to be accompanied by a phytosanitary certificate that includes the following additional declaration:
“Representative samples were inspected and found free from evidence of any species of Trogoderma (whether live, dead or exuviae) in Australia’s list of Trogoderma species of biosecurity concern”.
If you want to:
- import other-risk plant products into Australia, it is important that you check BICON
- receive updates on the implementation of the urgent actions register to receive BICON alerts and IANs.
For any further questions, please contact us on 1800 900 090 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org (please title the subject line of the email with ‘Plant Tier 2 – Khapra urgent actions’).