We have started a review of the biosecurity risks associated with importing foetal bovine serum into Australia.
Steps to complete this review
When we do a review, we:
- review the science on pests and diseases of concern
- assess and analyse biosecurity risks
- develop proposed risk management measures
- consult the public on the draft report and then review comments
- publish a final report
- develop import conditions
- publish import conditions in our Biosecurity Import Conditions System (BICON)
About this review
This review will consider the biosecurity risks associated with importing (from any country) foetal bovine serum for use in reproductive technologies, commercial production of veterinary vaccines or therapeutics, private industry research and development for vaccines or other therapeutic agents and basic research, teaching and diagnostic services. It will take into account new and relevant peer-reviewed scientific information, international standards, industry practices and operational practicalities.
We are now preparing the draft report. This will:
- identify potential biosecurity risks
- propose appropriate risk management measures.
We will seek your feedback on the draft report when it is released.
Learn more about why we carry out risk analyses and our international obligations.
For more information about this review email Animal Biosecurity.
Register as a stakeholder
Register as a stakeholder to receive notices about animal biosecurity policy.