Vietnam: Changes to requirements for goat milk based infant formula (MAA 2019-25)
Date of issue: 23 December 2019
Date of effect: Immediate
Reference Number: MAA2019-25
- Industries — Industry bodies — Dairy Australia, Infant Nutrition Council
- Export establishments
- Licensed exporters
- Department of Agriculture — Central and Regional offices
To notify of a change to Vietnam’s importing country requirements for goat milk based infant formula.
Summary of key points
- The department has confirmed that goat milk based infant formula must be accompanied by the standard dairy health certification for Vietnam (ZD035).
- Manufacturers producing goat milk based infant formula must be export registered and the goods must meet all export requirements.
- Further information for dairy export registered establishments is available on our website.
- The department is seeking further clarification to determine if these requirements extend to other non-bovine dairy products. A Market Access Advice will be issued if it is confirmed that additional non-bovine products are subject to these requirements.
MICOR will be updated to reflect these changes.
Contact ExportStandards@agriculture.gov.au if you have any queries.
The information provided in this advice is current at the time of writing and is intended for use as guidance only and should not be taken as definitive or exhaustive. The Commonwealth endeavours to keep information current and accurate, however, it may be subject to change without notice. Exporters are encouraged to verify these details with their importers prior to undertaking production/exports. The Commonwealth will not accept liability for any loss resulting from reliance on information contained in this notice.