Singapore: Access for Free Range Eggs (2019-05)
Date of issue: 24 October 2019
Date of effect: Immediate
Reference Number: MAA2019-05
- Industries—Industry bodies – Australian Egg Corporation Limited
- Export registered egg processing establishments
- Licensed exporters
- Department of Agriculture—Central and Regional offices
To notify exporters that in order to export Australian free range eggs, layer farms are required to submit an application dossier to the Singapore Food Agency (SFA).This process is separate from, and in addition to, the approval process for layer farm table eggs for cage and barn laid eggs. Applications must be completed and approved by the SFA prior to export of free range table eggs.
Summary of key points
- Australia is now approved for the export of free range table eggs to Singapore from SFA approved free-range layer farms, as stated in previous market access advice-MAA2019-03.
- As of the date of this notice, there are no approved free range layer farms in Australia for export of free range eggs to Singapore.
- Australian free-range layer farms interested in obtaining SFA’s approval to export free range table eggs to Singapore can submit an application dossier, through the department, as per the procedure for cage and barn laid layer farms. Applicant farms may be subject to onsite audit if deemed necessary by the SFA.
- Farms already approved for export of cage and barn laid eggs, must complete an additional application for the export of free range eggs. Approval by SFA is required prior to export.
Contact Export standards if you have any queries.
The information provided in this advice is current at the time of writing and is intended for use as guidance only and should not be taken as definitive or exhaustive. The Commonwealth endeavours to keep information current and accurate, however, it may be subject to change without notice. Exporters are encouraged to verify these details with their importers prior to undertaking production/exports. The Commonwealth will not accept liability for any loss resulting from reliance on information contained in this notice.