Cook Islands: Access for Australian Eggs to Cook Islands (2020-02)
Date of issue: 20 January 2020
Date of effect: Immediate
Reference Number: MAA2020-02
- Industries—Industry bodies – Australian Egg Corporation Limited
- Export registered egg processing establishments
- Licensed exporters
- Department of Agriculture—Central and Regional offices
To notify exporters that Australia has been approved for the export of eggs to Cook Islands, effective immediately.
Summary of key points
- Australian eggs were previously prohibited for export to Cook Islands.
- Following representation by the department, Australia has been approved by the Cook Islands Ministry of Agriculture to export table eggs.
- The export of eggs will utilise the existing export certification document - EX46 EG.
- If consignments are transiting another country en route to the Cook Islands (e.g: New Zealand), it is likely that the consignments will need to comply with the transiting country’s import requirements. New Zealand’s import requirements (also available on MICoR).
- The Department of Agriculture encourages all exporters to work with their importer to ensure that the product meets importing country requirements (attached).
- All consignments are subject to inspection on arrival to the Cook Islands.
- The Manual of Importing Country Requirements (MICoR) will be updated to reflect the requirements.
Contact Export Standards if you have any queries.
The information provided in this advice is current at the time of writing and is intended for use as guidance only and should not be taken as definitive or exhaustive. The Commonwealth endeavours to keep information current and accurate, however, it may be subject to change without notice. Exporters are encouraged to verify these details with their importers prior to undertaking production/exports. The Commonwealth will not accept liability for any loss resulting from reliance on information contained in this notice.
|Importation and clearance of fresh eggs for consumption into the Cook Islands from New Zealand, Australia, Samoa and Fiji PDF||14||567 KB|
This document may not meet Australian Government accessibility guidelines as it has not been prepared by the department.