2021-03: Applications for change – establishments registered to process or store dairy, eggs or fish for export
Date of issue: 31 March 2021
Date of effect: 29 March 2021
- All establishments registered with the department for the processing and/or storage of dairy, eggs and/or fish for export as food. Includes establishments preparing, storing, handling, or loading at least one of these commodities.
To advise of changes to the way in which application is made to the department for changes to persons in management or control, addition of new operations or commodities and to de-register an establishment as per following table:
|Registration of a new establishment/approval of a new arrangement||EX26a|
*Example: adding egg storage to an establishment that is already registered to store milk
**Example: adding processing operations of any kind to a storage or live fish establishment or adding a new process not currently undertaken such as cooking or preparing a ready to eat product.
***Example: adding any product cut-code to a fish or egg establishment for the purpose of being able to export the product – including where similar cut-codes are already listed against the establishment.
NOTE: Dairy processing establishments audited by a state regulatory authority should contact their state authority in relation to the addition of operations.
Summary of key points
- All applications for changes as listed in this IAN are to be made as described via the Departments website at: Application to register an export establishment using the EX26a, b, or c forms and lodged via the website.
The EX26 form, other associated application forms and some departmental procedures have been revised and updated to correspond with the change to the export legislation effective 28th of March 2021
As of the 28th of March 2021 – the regulation of exports of fish, eggs and milk as food, from Australia is transitioning as follows:
From the Export Control Act 1984 to the Export Control Act 2020 and from the commodity Orders 2015 to:
- Export Control (Fish and Fish Products) Rules 2021
- Export Control (Eggs and Egg Products) Rules 2021
- Export Control (Milk and Milk Products) Rules 2021
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries.
The information provided in this advice is current at the time of writing and is intended for use as guidance only and should not be taken as definitive or exhaustive. The Commonwealth endeavours to keep information current and accurate, however, it may be subject to change without notice. Exporters are encouraged to verify these details with their importers prior to undertaking production/exports. The Commonwealth will not accept liability for any loss resulting from reliance on information contained in this notice.