Russia: Food import ban extended until 31 December 2018 (2017-10)
Date of issue: 26 October 2017
Date of effect: Immediate
Export establishments for seafood
Seafood Export Consultative Committee
Seafood Trade Advisory Group
Department of Agriculture and Water Resources—Central and Regional offices
To notify that Russia’s food import ban has been extended until 31 December 2018
Summary of key points
- On 30 June 2017, President Putin extended the retaliatory food import ban to 31 December 2018, in response to the extension of EU sanctions on Russia.
- The retaliatory import ban, which blocks the import of certain agricultural products from Australia, the EU, US and Canada, was nominally due to expire at the end of 2017.
- The list of banned products remains the same. An unofficial translation of the list of agricultural products and affected HS (Harmonised System) Codes is provided at Attachment 1.
- Exporters of products not currently included on the list are reminded to exercise caution and to liaise with their importers to assess whether consignments will be permitted entry on arrival to Russia.
The information provided in this advice is current at the time of writing and is intended for use as guidance only and should not be taken as definitive or exhaustive. The Commonwealth endeavours to keep information current and accurate, however, it may be subject to change without notice. Exporters are encouraged to verify these details with their importers prior to undertaking production/exports. The Commonwealth will not accept liability for any loss resulting from reliance on information contained in this notice.
Contact Exports if you have any queries.
|Impacted HS Codes||Item Name *, ***|
|0201||Cattle meat, fresh or chilled|
|0202||Cattle meat, frozen|
|0203||Pork, fresh, chilled or frozen|
|0207||Meat and edible offal of poultry from code 0105, fresh, chilled or frozen|
|0210 **||Meat salted, in brine, dried or smoked|
|0301 **||Live fish (except for fry of Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar) and trout (Salmo trutta, Oncorhynchus mykiss)|
|0302, 0303, 0304, 0305, 0306, 0307**, 0308||Fish and crustaceans, molluscs and other aquatic invertebrates (excluding young (spat) oysters and mussels)|
|0401**, 0402**, 0403**, 0404**, 0405**, 0406||Milk and dairy products (excluding specialised lactose-free milk and specialised lactose free dairy products intended as dietary therapeutical food and dietary protective food)|
|0701 (excluding 0701 10 000 0), 0702 00 000, 0703 (excluding 0703 10 110 0), 0704, 0705, 0706, 0707 00, 0708, 0709, 0710, 0711, 0712 (excluding 0712 90 110 0), 0713 (excluding 0713 10 100 0), 0714||Vegetables, edible roots and tubers (excluding planting potatoes, planting onions, planting sweet corn hybrid, planting peas)|
|0801, 0802, 0803, 0804, 0805, 0806, 0807, 0808,0809, 0810,0811, 0813||Fruit and nuts|
|1601 00||Sausages and similar products made of meat, meat offal or blood; further processed foods based thereon|
|1901 90 110 0**, 1901 90 910 0**, 2106 90 920 0**, 2106 90 980 4**, 2106 90 980 5**, 2106 90 980 9**||Food or finished products (with the exception of biologically active dietary supplements, vitamin and mineral supplements, flavours, protein concentrates (of animal and plant origin), and mixtures thereof; dietary fiber, nutritional supplements (including complex)|
|1901 90 990 0**||Food or finished products manufactured according to cheese production technology that contain 1.5 percent or more of milk fat|
* For the purposes of the implementation of this list, it is necessary to follow HS code description. Name of product is shown for convenience only.
** For the purposes of the implementation of this category, both HS code description and names of products should be used as guidance.
*** Except for goods intended for baby food.