2020-15 - COVID-19 Notification Protocol
14 August 2020
|Export Advisory Notice 2020-15 PDF||2||515 KB|
If you have difficulty accessing this file, please visit web accessibility.
- Australian Government Accredited Veterinarians (AAVs)
- Australian Livestock Exporters’ Council
- Department Officers
- Livestock Exporters
- Meat and Livestock Australia
- Registered Premises Operators
To advise industry who have premises that departmental officers may attend (for inspections, audits, surveillance or other purposes) of the requirements to notify the department regarding COVID-19.
Industry are asked to notify the Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment if any of their staff (or visitors to their premises) test positive for COVID-19.
We will in turn notify you if this applies to any of our employees that access your workplace or may have come into contact with your employees in our workplace.
We may also seek assurance from you that COVID-19 risks have been mitigated so far as is reasonably practicable prior to and when we arrive at your workplace/s.
Where practical, we may implement alternative processes for some activities to ensure this can be achieved with minimal on-site interaction between our people.
- If any of your staff (or visitors to your premises) test positive for COVID-19, email the department’s email@example.com, making sure to include “COVID NOTIFICATION” in the subject field of the email.
- If you have an upcoming inspection or audit, please also telephone the relevant regional office or auditing officer to advise directly.
- Our regional veterinary officers or auditors may also contact you in advance of an inspection or audit to confirm the status of the premises being visited.
Information has also been circulated by ALEC and LiveCorp in their “COVID-19 Notification Protocol”. This document can be obtained from ALEC or LiveCorp directly.
A/g Assistant Secretary
Live Animal Export Branch
Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment
Phone: 02 6272 4581