2020-27 - Exports of live animals and animal reproductive material to China
6 November 2020
|Export Advisory Notice 2020-27 PDF||2||153 KB|
If you have difficulty accessing these files, please visit web accessibility.
- All exporters of live animals and animal reproductive material
- Australian Government Accredited Veterinarians
- Australian Livestock Exporter’s Council
- Department Officers
- Meat and Livestock Australia
- Registered Premises Operators
To provide all export industries with advice in relation to the export of all live animals and animal reproductive material to China.
- The department will continue to provide certification for goods that meet the requirements of the Export Control Act.
- Exporters/export registered premises are advised that some recent shipments have been delayed on entry into China, leading to commercial losses.
- While the department will continue to facilitate market access and seek to ensure importing country requirements are up to date and accurate, the department encourages exporters to fully consider their own risk and potential losses.
- Exporters should ensure that they have independently confirmed relevant importing country requirements. Exporters are urged to seek advice from importers on potential for disruption to the clearance of their shipment.
- Exporters of livestock are reminded that a contingency plan must be prepared in writing for each consignment that addresses rejection of the consignment by the overseas country, as per the Australian Standards for Export of Livestock (ASEL) 3.0 s4.1.18.
- Exporters of feeder and slaughter livestock are reminded that they are responsible for ensuring that they have an approved ESCAS in place for any contingency market.
Live Animal Export Branch
Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment
Phone: 02 6272 4581