2021-09 - End of transitional arrangements for the alternative minimum pen space allocation policy
7 May 2021
|Export advisory notice 2021-09 PDF||2||140 KB|
If you have difficulty accessing these files, please visit web accessibility.
- Australian Livestock Exporters Council (ALEC)
- Department Officers
- Livestock Exporters
- Meat and Livestock Australia
To advise stakeholders that the department has published an updated version of the alternative minimum pen space allocation policy to reflect the conclusion of the transitional arrangements period and recent changes to export legislation. As of 1 May 2021, exporters must meet the access criteria in section 3 of the policy.
- Updates to the alternative minimum pen space allocation policy include:
- Removal of the transitional arrangements access criteria and loss of access instructions
- Replacing legislative references to reflect new export legislation
- Removal of Australian Standards for the Export of Livestock version number references.
- There have been no changes to the 1 May commencement access and loss of access criteria or instructions within the policy.
- Exporters operating under an Approved Arrangement are not required to update their Approved Arrangement to reflect these changes.
- Exporters must assess their own eligibility against the policy for access to the alternative minimum pen space allocation on a consignment by consignment basis.
- Exporters must have approval under their Approved Arrangement to access alternative minimum pen space allocation when eligible under the policy. Exporters are not required to update their Approved Arrangement to reflect these changes.
- On 27 October 2020, the department published amendments to the alternative minimum pen space allocation policy to include transitional arrangements that applied from 1 November 2020 to 30 April 2021 to enable exporters who held a licence on 1 November 2020 to gain access to the alternative minimum pen space allocation. The transitional arrangements ended on 1 May 2021.
Live Animal Export Branch
Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment
Phone: 02 6272 4581