Independent review of the cost of export certification
13 November 2019
To notify industry of a second extension to the independent review consultation period, now 22 November 2019. This second extension is at the request of industry representatives. We have commissioned Ernst & Young as an independent reviewer to undertake a review of the costs of our export certification activities. These costs are set out in the food and plant export Cost Recovery Implementation Statements (CRIS). This review will both complement and inform our public consultation on the CRISs.
Summary of key points
- the reviewer will now be accepting stakeholder feedback up to 22 November 2019
- the reviewer is holding meetings with Industry Consultative Committee members
- alternatively interested parties can submit written feedback to the reviewer via email to email@example.com.
This review will focus on food and plant export cost recovery.
The independent reviewer will:
- engage with industry representatives for their views on how efficiently and effectively we deliver food and plant export certification regulatory functions
- investigate key cost drivers and consider other ways we can deliver our key regulatory functions more cost effectively
- assess possible reported or discovered inefficiencies and recommend how we can improve our regulatory functions, including the use of technology solutions
- develop a benchmarking framework based on comparable public and private sector regulatory activities.
Additional information on the review can be found at Independent review of the cost of export certification.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries.