2014-32 - Grain and Seed Exports Program - Updates to reference material to realign with legislation changes
25 September 2014
To inform industry of updates to the Plant Export Operations Manual and associated work instructions to align them with recent amendments to the Export Control (Plants and Plant Products) Order 2011.
The Export Control (Plants and Plants Products) Order 2011 (the Order) came into effect on 1 October 2011. As part of the Export Certification Reform Package, the department was also committed to review the Order twelve months after the Order commenced. The amendments have addressed concerns raised by the Senate Standing Committee of Regulations and Ordinances, addressed typographical errors and provides clarity with current policy and operational practices.
A summary of key amendments to the order are:
- Empty container approval valid for 90 days with added powers to extend the period of container approval
- Added powers to extend period of vessel approval
- Added powers to extend period of export compliance of goods
- Improvements to the process of cancelling or surrendering a container approval
- Marine surveyor’s certificate only needed if prescribed goods are for consumption
- Improvements to the process of suspending, revoking suspension and cancelling vessel approvals
- Full details of the amendments can be found on the Legislation website
Updated instructional material
The following instructional material comes into effect on 29 September 2014:
- Volume 7a Export Compliant Goods Storage v2.0
- Volume 8 Commodity inspections - Grain, seeds, nuts and stockfeed v3.2
- Volume 8B Commodity inspections - Forest products v1.1
- Volume 10 Inspection of empty bulk vessels v2.1
- Volume 11 Inspection of empty containers v3.1
- Work instruction PGG3001 Inspection of prescribed grain and plant products v3.1
- Work instruction FOP3001-3002-3003 Inspection of forest products v2.1
- Work instruction VFE3001 Inspection of empty bulk vessels v2.1
- Work instruction ECI3001 Inspection of empty containers v3.1
To view the instructional material, please refer to the department's website.
Export Compliance Records, Approval Records and Running Record
The following records and associated user guide have been updated and will come into effect on 29 September 2014:
- PE100 Export Compliance Record v2.0
- PE101 Export Compliance Record v2.0
- PE102 Export Compliance Record v2.0
- PE103 Bulk Vessel Approval Record v2.0
- PE104 Container Approval Record v2.0
- PE105 Bulk Vessel Loading Running Record v2.0
- Plant Exports User Guide for Compliance, Approval and Running Records v2.3
- Empty Container Sticker Stencil v2.0
To view the records and user guide please refer to the department's website.
- The updated records must be used for all inspections from 29 September 2014.
- From 27 October 2014 Authorised Officer candidates will be assessed against the above instructional material.
If you have any further enquiries, please contact Grain and Seed Export Program on (02) 6272 3229 or Grain Export or contact the Authorised Officer Hotline 1800 851 305.
Plant Export Operations