2016-05 - Horticulture Exports Program - Persimmon exports to Thailand 2016 registration application
For growers, packhouses and treatment facilities
5 February 2016
To advise that applications are now open for growers, packhouses and treatment facilities to apply for the export of persimmons to Thailand in 2016.
Only growers located in Queensland are eligible to apply under the protocol agreement.
The protocol for exporting persimmons to Thailand mandates that orchards, packhouses and treatment facilities are registered with the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources (the department) prior to the beginning of the export season.
The protocol requires that persimmons must be produced in Australia and sourced from a Thailand approved production area. Currently only persimmons produced in Queensland are permitted for export to Thailand under the protocol.
Persimmon growers, packhouses and treatment facilities that wish to export to Thailand during the 2016 export season must ensure that their respective registration applications are submitted before close of business 19 February 2016.
- Orchards located in Queensland only are eligible to apply.
- Applications are due by the close of business 19 February 2015.
- Growers, packhouses and treatment facilities applying for persimmon export need to complete and email the attached application form to: SE Plant Export Verifications
- Growers may divide their orchard into blocks. Each block must be clearly identified on the application form and on the orchard map by its physical address or geographic co-ordinates. Further detail on map and block requirements can be found on the application forms.
- The department will contact all entities applying for export to notify of audit dates and provide an audit briefing. Audits will be carried out against requirements in the protocol. Following completion of audits, results will be communicated to entities by the department. Export approval number/s will be provided to orchards, packhouses and treatment facilities.
- For specific market requirements, refer to the relevant protocol on the Manual of Importing Country Requirements (MICoR) Plant website. Work plans and protocols can be found at: MICoR. To access these documents, you must be a registered MICoR Plant user.
- To register for MICoR, go to the registration webpage, complete all fields, and 'Submit'. You will be provided with your login details by email.
If you have any questions regarding this IAN please email: Horticulture Export Program ACT.
Dr Chris Parker
Plant Export Operations Branch