2018-58 - Horticulture Exports Program – Updated work plan for exports of citrus to the People’s Republic of China
7 December 2018
The purpose of this Industry Advice Notice (IAN) is to advise industry and Authorised Officers (AOs) of updates to the work plan for citrus exports to the People’s Republic of China, to include relevant departmental policy on accredited properties.
Summary of changes and key points
- The work plan has been updated to incorporate policy related to the following instructional material published on the Plant Export Operations Manual
- Guideline: Management of horticulture export accredited properties
- Guideline: Audit of horticulture export accreditations.
- The work plan has been updated to incorporate updates to the new protocol for export of Australian Citrus to China, including
- options to manage fullers rose weevil and light brown apple moth
- improved cold treatment schedules
- The format and terminology of the work plan has been updated to provide clarification in relation to
- accredited property requirements
- AOs responsibilities
- exporter responsibilities
Work plans and protocols are available on the Manual of Importing Country Requirements (MICoR) Plants website. To access these documents, you must be a registered MICoR Plant user.
Exporter and AO responsibilities
Exporters, AOs and treatment providers must be aware of, and follow, the conditions detailed in the current work plan. The work plan is to be referred to in conjunction with the relevant instructional material on the Plant Export Operations Manual.
If you have any questions regarding this IAN please email the Horticulture Exports Program.
Plant Export Operations Branch