2020-42 - Business Systems Program – Updates to instructional material relating to electronic export certification
26 June 2020
This Industry Advice Notice (IAN) is to advise Authorised Officers (AOs) and Electronic Data Interface (EDI) users of updates to instructional material relating to export certification.
Summary of changes and key points
- Instructional material relating to electronic export certification for plant exports has been updated to consist of 20 documents.
- The three documents, listed below, are for use by both departmental staff and external clients and have been published on the Plant Export Operations Manual
- Guideline: Issuance of certification for plant exports
- Reference: Plant Export Document and Treatments Checklist
- Work Instruction: Validating supporting documents for plant exports has also been replaced with the Guideline: Supporting documents for plant exports.
- The remaining seventeen documents are specifically for the internal use of Documentation Officers within Assessment Services Group (ASG) and are available on the department’s Instructional Material Library.
- The Guideline: Supporting documents for plant exports policy on import permits has been updated to mandate that the exporter listed on the import permit must match the associated Notice of Intention.
- The remaining documents have no significant changes to policy or process with the updates focusing on improving current instructional material and providing clarification where required.
Clients and AOs must comply with the new instructional material from 1 July 2020.
Certification: Export documentation will be assessed against the new instructional material for consignments inspected from 1 July 2020.
The current instructional material relating to plant export certification is outdated and in some areas non-existent. As a result, a full review of all such instructional material was undertaken to update information, provide clarity where necessary, improve usability and create new instructional material where gaps previously existed.
The implementation of the updated instructional material suite for plant exports will result in improved documentation and certification for both industry and the department. Improved training, guidance and reference material will result in reduced non-compliances from industry and more consistent assessment outcomes.
If you have any questions regarding this IAN please email EXDOC Plant Programs.
Plant Export Operations Branch