2020-43 - Plant Export Operations – Update of the Registered Establishment audit policy
3 July 2020
This Industry Advice Notice (IAN) is to advise plant export registered establishments of amendments made to the Guideline: Audit of plant export registered establishments.
Summary of changes and key points
Following the release of the Guideline: Audit of plant export registered establishments in December 2019, some changes were required to make the policy clearer for auditors and industry. These changes are effective immediately and include:
- setting an upper limit on the maximum number of minor corrective action requests (CARs) an establishment can have before the audit result is ‘fail’
- for new establishments, an audit will be required within 6 months of being approved
- clarity on when an audit will be full scope or partial scope
- defining the baseline requirements for establishments as the 'core' performance standards
- amending the Reference: Performance standards for plant export registered establishments to reflect the ‘core’ performance standards terminology
- clarity on when audit reports are issued in relation to the issuance of CARs or advisory findings.
The new registered establishment audit policy was published in December 2019 and came into effect in February 2020. Amendments are required to clarify aspects of the policy.
Registered establishment responsibilities
Plant export registered establishments must comply with this policy.
Auditors are required to audit registered establishments according to this policy.
If you have any questions regarding this IAN please email Horticulture Exports Program.
Plant Export Operations Branch