2020-46 - Authorised Officer Program – Changes to the plant export authorised officer application, training, assessment and appointment process
22 July 2020
This Industry Advice Notice (IAN) is to advise of changes to the plant export authorised officer (AO) application, training, assessment and appointment process.
Summary of changes and key points
- The Plant Export Management System (PEMS) has been updated to facilitate all administrative processes relating to the appointment of plant export AOs.
- Effective immediately, the following processes can be undertaken in PEMS
- applying to become an AO
- requesting training
- requesting assessment
- requesting an Instrument of Appointment
- requesting additional job functions
- updating personal and contact details
- Paper forms are no longer required for the above processes.
- The department’s Authorised Officers webpage has been updated to reflect the new processes, and includes work instructions for performing these tasks in PEMS.
- For appointed AOs already using PEMS, you will see a new tab—My Application—on your profile, through which you can manage your appointment.
- The AO Hotline—1800851305—is available should AOs have any problems with the new processes.
The department is committed to continually improving its processes to better meet the needs of our stakeholders.
As part of our commitment to continuous improvement, we have expanded the scope of PEMS to capture all administrative processes relating to the appointment of plant export AOs.
This update to PEMS will make it quicker and easier to transact with the department. With the click of a button you can:
- view your real-time progress through the appointment process
- manage and update your contact details
- view your job functions
- view your appointment end date
- make payments
Effective immediately, AOs must
- use PEMS for administrative processes related to their appointment
- familiarise themselves with and follow the work instructions
- log into PEMS and check that their contact details are correct, and update if required
- log into PEMS and check that their appointed job functions are correct, and contact Plant Export Training if they are not.
If you have any questions regarding this IAN please email Plant Export Training or call the AO Hotline on 1800851305.
Plant Export Operations Branch