2017-01—Changes to approved auditor services
Issued: 30 January 2017
Date of effect: 1 February 2017
To advise approved auditors and registered establishments utilising the services of approved auditors about:
- changes to fees and charges
- alternate audit arrangements
- verification audits by the department.
Changes to fees and charges
- Effective 1 February 2017, export registered establishments utilising the services of an approved auditor will be subject to a fee-for-service charge of $50.00 per ¼ hour (minimum) for the uploading of audit information to the department’s Audit Management System.
- This fee-for service is the same as would be incurred by an establishment audited by a departmental officer.
- Invoices will be issued by the department following the upload of audit reports, corrective action requests (CARs) and information received from approved auditors as evidence of CAR closure.
Engaging a different audit provider
- Establishments that are approved by the department to engage the services of an approved auditor will be required to seek departmental approval to change audit providers, including a return to being audited by a departmental officer.
- Requests for approval to change audit providers will only be granted to establishments that have no overdue CARs and no outstanding enforcement action against them.
- Establishments that are approved by the department to engage the services of an approved auditor may be subject to audit by departmental officers for the purpose of verifying the effectiveness of the Approved Auditor Program in ensuring legislative compliance.
Contact the dairy, eggs and fish exports section by email.