Indonesian citrus quotas
The Indonesia-Australia Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (IA-CEPA) entered into force on 5 July 2020. The agreement put in place reduced tariffs for exports of citrus fruit.
Quotas under the IA-CEPA cover:
- lemons and limes
- mandarins, clementines, Wilkings and similar citrus hybrids
We manage these quotas on a first-come, first-served (FCFS) basis.
As entry into force occurred part way through the 2020 quota year, the tariff rate quota amounts will be pro-rata. The agreed pro-rata amounts are:
- lemons and limes - 2,445.35 tonnes
- mandarins, clementines, Wilkings and similar citrus hybrids - 3,668.03 tonnes
- oranges - 4,890.71 tonnes
The quota year runs in line with the calendar year.
- 1 January—New quota year commences
- 31 December—Quota year ends
Current quota usage
The quota usage tables show the total quantity of quota shipped by Australia for IA-CEPA products. The tables are updated regularly.
How to apply
Exporters will need to apply to export citrus to Indonesia at the reduced tariff rate.
To apply for a quota certificate you must:
- lodge a request for permit (RFP) through the department’s electronic documentation system, EXDOC.
- complete and submit the IA-CEPA horticulture TRQ certificate application using the online submit button on the last page of the form.
Once we have approved the application, we will email you the quota certificate.
Please note that quota administration is cost recovered on a per certificate basis in accordance with the Export Charges (Imposition-General) Regulation 2015 and the Export Control (Fees) Order 2015. Exporters are invoiced monthly for any quota certificates issued.
Changing or cancelling your certificate
Contact Quota Admin if your quota certificate needs to be:
- changed (you will need to submit a new application form if there is a change to the exporter, importer, product type or quantity of product)
Read the detail
See Appendix 2-A.1: Tariff rate quotas of the IA-CEPA for:
- a list of eligible products
- the quantity for each quota year
- the in-quota tariff rate
The Export Control (Tariff Rate Quotas) Order 2019 governs the rules around quotas for citrus to Indonesia.
Read about IA-CEPA’s broader outcomes.
We report on export quotas using data submitted for certificate applications.
Phone: 02 6272 4068