Indonesian vegetable quotas
The Indonesia-Australia Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (IA-CEPA) will come into force on 5 July 2020. The agreement will put in place reduced tariffs for exports of vegetables.
Quotas under the IA-CEPA cover:
The quota year runs in line with the calendar year.
- 1 January—New quota year commences
- 31 August—Deadline for reclaim and apply for reallocation
- 18 November—Deadline for annual quota allocation application
- 31 December—Quota year ends
(These dates will differ for 2020 due to commencing part-way through the year. Refer to dates below).
How to apply for an entitlement
Exporters will need to apply for a quota allocation to export vegetables to Indonesia at the reduced tariff rate.
You can apply for an entitlement allocation from 5 June 2020 by completing the necessary application form and returning it to the Quota Administration team. The form will be made available from 5 June. The application period will close on 19 June 2020. No applications will be accepted after this date.
Quota entitlements will be calculated based on your past shipping history. Once calculated we will notify you of your quota entitlement allocation for the quota year.
How to apply for a certificate
You can apply for a quota certificate from 5 July 2020.
To apply for a quota certificate you must:
- lodge a request for permit (RFP) through the department’s electronic documentation system, EXDOC.
- complete and submit the IA-CEPA horticulture TRQ certificate application (available from 5 July).
Once we approve the application, we will email you the quota certificate.
Changing or cancelling your certificate
Contact Quota Admin if your quota certificate needs to be:
- changed (you will need to submit a new application form if there is a change to the exporter, importer, product type or quantity of product)
How to transfer or return your quota
Vegetable entitlements can be:
- returned at any point in the quota year.
Forms will be available after the IA-CEPA has started.
Reclaiming and reallocating quotas
Each August, you can apply to return, retain or request additional entitlements. Note, as the 2020 quota year is commencing on 5 July the reclaim and reallocation processes will not be conducted for this quota year.
Read the detail
See Appendix 2-A.1: Tariff rate quotas of the IA-CEPA for:
- a list of eligible products
- the quantity for each year
- the in-quota tariff rate.
The Export Control (Tariff Rate Quotas) Order 2019 governs the rules around quotas for vegetables.
Read about the IA-CEPA’s broader outcomes.
We report on export quotas using data submitted for quota entitlements and certificate applications.
- Phone 02 6272 4068
- Email Quota Admin