14-2017 - Bookings for plants into post-entry quarantine online available 9:00am AEDT Tuesday 21st February 2017
17 February 2017
Who does this notice affect?
Plant importers who need to make reservations into government operated post-entry quarantine (PEQ) facilities.
What has changed?
At 9:00 am on Tuesday 21st February 2017 (AEDT), you can manage post entry quarantine reservations for plants online using our Post Entry Biosecurity System (PEBS).
Using PEBS, you can:
- Make, update and confirm reservations online for plants in PEQ accommodation.
- Check status of consignment at any time online.
- Upload supporting documents
- Receive automated email notifications as a consignment progresses through quarantine.
- Receive automatically generated invoices at the same time each month.
- Pay invoices online.
- Book release appointments online.
Online self-service gives you more control over your bookings and data. Self-service is not constrained to PEQ business hours, enabling you to deal with the department at a time that suits you.
Cat and dog importers have been enjoying online reservation management since PEBS was first released more than a year ago under the name Post Entry Quarantine Reservations. Support for plants was developed in consultation with industry.
For further assistance please phone 1800 900 090.