The whole-of-department Compliance Policy sets out the principles we follow when carrying out our compliance activities and outlines our strategies and tools for managing compliance. The policy explains how we work with regulated entities to achieve better compliance and regulatory outcomes.
Effective and consistent management of compliance is critical to the Department’s work in managing and enhancing Australia’s agriculture, unique environment, heritage and water resources.
Our compliance activities are guided by our regulatory practice principles as set out in our Regulatory Practice Statement. These principles include:
- improving our business systems and tools
- investing in our people
- making it easier for businesses and regulated entities to understand and comply with our regulations.
The policy also addresses:
- our regulatory context – the responsibility we have as a regulator to administer legislation to deliver regulatory outcomes
- our compliance objectives – set to ensure our regulatory systems align with our legislative frameworks and achieve government policy outcomes
- our approach to compliance – how we encourage, monitor, assess and verify compliance
- our approach to non-compliance – how we respond to non-compliance.
Read the full statement:
If you have trouble accessing these files, contact us for help.