Corporate plan 2019–20
The corporate plan provides information to our stakeholders and the wider community on the department’s purpose and how we intend to measure our activities against the purpose. Our performance measures will be reported on in the Annual Performance Statements included in the 2019–20 Annual Report, which will be released in October 2020.
Also provided on this page is the department’s Performance Framework 2019–20. The framework describes the department’s arrangements to comply with the performance reporting requirements of the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013, and provides more detailed information about how we measure our performance.
View the full
Corporate plan 2019–20.
Our role, our people and our culture.
Our operating environment
Our changing environment, how we operate and manage risk.
How we measure our performance
Our objectives and functions
|Corporate plan 2019-20 (full document) PDF||27||2.2 MB|
|Department of Agriculture Performance Framework 2019–20 PDF||19||1.6 MB|
|Department of Agriculture Performance Framework 2019–20 DOCX||19||1.6 MB|
If you have difficulty accessing these files, please visit
Corporate plan 2019–20 at a glance
Senator the Hon Bridget McKenzie
Minister for Agriculture
The Hon David Littleproud MP
Minister for Water Resources, Drought, Rural Finance, Natural Disaster and Emergency Management
Senator the Hon Jonathon Duniam
Assistant Minister for Agriculture
We work with national and international governments and industry to grow the value of agricultural trade and reduce risk to Australian agriculture.
Our strategic objectives and performance criteria
Increase, improve and maintain markets
The trend in value of agricultural exports increases in real terms over time
Encourage and reduce risks to agricultural productivity
Portfolio industries record an increase in productivity
Support sustainable, high-quality natural resources
The quality of the resource base is maintained or improved
Biosecurity underpins this work by managing risks to agriculture and the environment
Our functions and performance criteria
Regulation and service delivery
- Effective intervention to ensure compliance
- Continuous improvement in regulatory practices
Policy and programs
- Policy advice is evidence-based and influential
- Effective programs are developed and delivered to achieve policy objectives
Research and innovation
- Investment in research and development programs demonstrates positive results
- The efficient collection and distribution of levies to fund rural research and development
Trade and market access
- Increased access to overseas markets generates more export opportunities for Australian primary producers
Enterprise-wide enabling services
- A positive, professional and engaged workforce
- Safe and healthy workplaces
- A balanced and financially sustainable budget
- Information and communication technology that meets business needs
Forecasting and strategic intelligence
- Fit-for-purpose economic and scientific modelling
- Accountable and aligned
- Collaborative and integrated
- Future oriented
“Our people remain our greatest asset to deliver the priorities we have set in 2019–20” Daryl Quinlivan, Secretary
|Corporate plan at a glance PDF||1||1.0 MB|
If you have difficulty accessing these files, please visit web accessibility.