MAA 2020-14 Japan: Dairy – Amended certification for milk and milk products
Date of issue: 1 May 2020
Date of effect: 7 May 2020
Reference Number: MAA2020-14
- Industries—Industry bodies – Dairy Australia – Infant Nutrition Council
- Export dairy establishments
- Licensed exporters
- Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment —Central and Regional offices
To notify manufacturers and exporters of amendments to the certification of milk and milk products for Japan.
Summary of key points
- In order to meet the requirements of Japan’s updated Food Sanitation Law to be implemented from 1 June 2020, the department will implement amended export certification for bovine milk and milk products from 7 May 2020 onwards.
- The amendments are the result of negotiations between the department and Japan’s Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare (MHLW).
- The certificate ZD035, is currently used for the export of bovine milk and milk products for human consumption to Japan with endorsements 399, 398, 450, 459, 460, 3019 and 5319.
- The endorsements 399, 398, 450, 459, 460 and 3019 are no longer required.
- Certificate ZD035 and endorsement 5319 is now required to accompany all bovine milk and milk products exported to Japan. Endorsement 5319 will be amended to contain the following additional attestation.
- The dairy and dairy products on this certificate were processed under sanitary conditions in accordance with the laws and regulations of Australia. The laws and regulations of Australia have been deemed to be equivalent to Japan’s Food Sanitation Law and the relevant regulations of Japan.
- The processing establishment name and address will now also appear in the description of goods field of the ZD035.
- The previous certification arrangements will not be accepted by Japan on or after 1 June 2020.
Contact Export Standards if you have any queries.
The information provided in this advice is current at the time of writing and is intended for use as guidance only and should not be taken as definitive or exhaustive. The Commonwealth endeavours to keep information current and accurate, however, it may be subject to change without notice. Exporters are encouraged to verify these details with their importers prior to undertaking production/exports. The Commonwealth will not accept liability for any loss resulting from reliance on information contained in this notice.