MAA 2020-16 China: Registration renewal for infant formula manufacturers
Date of issue: 10 June 2020
Date of effect: Immediate
Reference Number: MAA2020-16
- Industries – Dairy Australia
- Export manufacturing establishments producing infant formula
- State regulatory authorities
To notify Australian infant formula manufacturers who are registered with China’s General Administration of Customs of the people’s republic of China (GACC) that renewal of their registration is required four years from the initial approval date.
Summary of key points
- China has undergone a restructure of their government agencies. Listings previously managed by the Certification and Accreditation Administration of the People’s Republic of China (CNCA), are now managed by the General Administration of Customs of the People’s Republic of China (GACC).
- All GACC approvals issued to Australian infant formula manufacturers lapse four years after their initial approval date.
- Manufacturers are required to apply for renewal of their registration by submitting relevant documents one year before the expiry date.
- The department has contacted manufacturers who are required to make renewal submissions in 2020.
Requirements for renewal of infant formula listing
Complete a renewal application
Establishments must complete the following documents and submit to Dairy Eggs Fish for submission to China:
- Attachment 1 PDF [8 KB, 2 pages]
- Attachment 2 DOC [28 KB, 3 pages]
- A response must be provided for questions 2, 3, 4, 6 and 7
- The department (we) will provide the declaration required in question 2
- We will contact the relevant state regulatory authority seeking information to respond to questions 1 and 5.
Please note you may be charged a fee for service for any follow up work or reviews of your application. Fee for service charges are outlined in the Charging guidelines located on our website.
Complete a renewal application
An online registration must also be completed by accessing the China Import Food Enterprise Registration System (CIFER).
- A guideline to using CIFER can be found at Attachment 3 PDF [1.4 MB, 21 pages].
- We will provide you with a sequence number for your renewal application.
- You must use this sequence number to log on to the system and complete your application.
- There are nine sections of the online registration you will need to complete, if you exit the application before it is completed ensure that you click the ‘save & exit’ button.
- After clicking ‘submit’ the registration will be submitted to us.
- Once your application has been submitted you will not be able to make any changes. Please ensure all details are complete and accurate before submitting.
Contact Dairy Eggs Fish if you have any queries.
The information provided in this advice is current at the time of writing and is intended for use as guidance only and should not be taken as definitive or exhaustive. The Commonwealth endeavours to keep information current and accurate, however, it may be subject to change without notice. Exporters are encouraged to verify these details with their importers prior to undertaking production/exports. The Commonwealth will not accept liability for any loss resulting from reliance on information contained in this notice.